Nyan Soe
记忆的影子
2021
Mixed media
Dimension variables
搓泥土是我的日常工作
Working with clay is part of my work.
日子久了,它慢慢地成为我的朋友
Over time, it became my friend.
无论我搓的多么大力,它都没有怨言
No matter how much force is exerted, it holds no complaints.
当我和它混熟了之后,它一直在我指尖来回跳动
As I grew to understand it, it became ever more responsive in my hands.
我感觉到了它的温度,感觉到了它的热情在指尖燃烧
I felt its warmth, I felt it come to life under my fingertips.
我把它捏成了一个茶杯
I coaxed it into a teacup,
我把它雕成了一个雕塑
I moulded it into a sculpture,
我把它拉成了一个杯子
I spun it into a mug,
我把它变成了一个机器人
I engineered it into a robot,
我把它刻成了一个印章
I carved it into a seal,
我画上了今天开心的事
I infused it with today’s happiness,
我画上了昨日的愤怒
I pummeled in yesterday’s fury,
我画上了对故乡的思念
I laced it with the pining for my hometown,
我画上了岁月留下的沧桑
I steeped it in the vicissitudes of time,
我画上了对城市的爱与恨
I imbued it with my affection for, and discontentment with, urban life.
不知不觉的我已经把很多心里的秘密告诉了它
It has become my confidant, keeper to my heart’s secrets.
而它只是在那里静静地聆听
A silent and attentive listener,
当我望着它时,它又会轻轻地向我挥挥手
Gently beckoning whenever I gaze at it.
泥土随然很柔软,但经过高温的烧制
Clay is soft and pliant, but under the forging fire,
它就蜕变成一只美丽的蝴蝶
It transforms into a beautiful butterfly.
时间无法在它脸上刻上岁月的皱纹
Immortalised through heat, the wrinkles of time no longer hold sway over it,
我也只能在它表面划过我存在过的痕迹
Immortalised on it, are my traces of the days gone by. (Translated by Henry Lee)